Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You won't find us on Facebook ...

Where you won't find my students!
Fall is here, students crowd the sidwalks, and another semester begins ... Football is in the air ... Even though I am a year older, the students stay the same - smart, young, and a bit nervous about the real world.

In chatting with the my students, I learned that Facebook is for their parents, that they stalk each other on Instagram, that Pinterest is still sort of cool, and that they are acutely aware of privacy (but they still don't like Google+) ...


Twitter seems to be evolving as the medium of choice for private conversations ... Change is in the air ... and I suspect that it always will be for businesses that engage in social media....

Oh, and you never ever hear tell of  Flickr ... or Bebo ... or Myspace ... Ping ... or Pair ...

I'm looking forward to a semester of conversations about how the social enterprise can, and is changing, the world ... I suspect that by December, the students will have transformed my view of social and its implications for the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment